presets

This forum will help people to use the Jeux d'orgues sounbanks with their configuration.
jonty43
presets

Postby jonty43 » Tue May 19, 2009 8:43 pm

Hello

I am enjoying playing the Jeux d''orgues organ in myOrgan. I want to know if I can assign midi controllers on my keyboard to the 'memory preset' buttons on the Eglise Protestant organ. I am refering to all those numbered buttons 1-30. If it was a real organ I could just press one of the buttons and a combination would be recalled. But it seems I have to scroll through incrementally programme change commands or use the left right buttons to move from one combination to the next.

I apologise for being rather ignorant about organ terminology. I would like to simply press a button on my keyboard to bring up number 8 for example, and then press another button and recall number 2. Does this make sense? I hope so. Thanks for listening...

ggoode_sa

Re: presets

Postby ggoode_sa » Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:55 am

Hi Jonty,
We'll need a litte more information about your keyboard before we can answer this question. MyOrgan can be configured to respond to MIDI input messages, either Note-On/Note-Off or Program Change (CC). So, you need to find out what MIDI signals are sent to your computer when you press the buttons on your keyboard.

Download and install MIDI-OX (read the midi-ox forum for some tips and usage guides) and monitor your MIDI input from the keyboard. Most keyboards do not send MIDI messages unless they are MIDI controller keyboards, so it is likely that these buttons only function within the keyboard itself.

Let us know what you find,
GrahamG

GeertM

Postby GeertM » Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:16 pm

Gentlemen, it is a pleasure to be able to play the SM again in HW v3 ( free version). Formerly I used jOrgan for that, and I like the SM so much, that I also visited the little town of Romanswiller this year but unfortunately the church was closed.

My problem is, that I cannot find a SET button for the presets. I want to use the divisional presets 1....8
But of course a soon as I press a button, the registation is lost; there must me something hidden there????

greetings,

Geert Molenaar ( Netherlands)

ggoode_sa

Postby ggoode_sa » Sun Sep 06, 2009 1:36 pm

Hi Geert,
I assume that you are using the 'Import HW1' feature of HW3 to play the Stiehr-Mockers. I haven't tried this, so I can't really help with the problem right now. There is an updated version of Stiehr Mockers for HW3 that is in final testing at the moment, so hopfully using that version will solve the problem. I'm hoping that it will be released some time later this month.
GrahamG

GeertM

Postby GeertM » Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:36 pm

Thanks, Graham, indeed I used the import HW1 function. As I understand, it is at the moment not implemented then?

You are really watching ALL forums concerning organplaying !!

Many greetings,

Geert

ggoode_sa

Postby ggoode_sa » Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:15 am

Hi Geert,
I have imported the HW1 version into HW3 and although there is no set button on the console, you are still able to set the memory pistons using the menu system or short-cuts.

Menu -> Functions -> Enter Capture Mode (Ctrl + ; )
Menu -> Functions -> Leave Capture Mode (Ctrl + ' )

So, you would enter capture mode, set the stop tabs, click on the memory piston to select it, then leave capture mode.

Hope this helps!
GrahamG

GeertM

Postby GeertM » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:04 pm

Graham, thanks for the help. As I am new to HW, I just did not find out these general things yet !!

Btw: did you know that Graham Harrisson form England has made an improved version of the SM soundfont some 2 years ago already?? SOme stops he completely reworked. ANd he made all smaples full stereo etc etc.
In total it got some 500 Mb big !! I used to play it a lot loaded into 2 SB cards under jOrgan.

But now that we have the FS built in and the realloy wonderful dispositions like the C-C , NGBO, and the Silbermanns, which are all synthetic of course, I switched to those. I even disabled 1 of the SB cards now.

I must say, that the HW3 version of the SM gives me great satisfaction !! So far I did not detect any problems, and the sound is very lively.

I will give a more detailed report as soon as I have time.

greetings,

Geert

Joz

Postby Joz » Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:33 am

Hi GeertM,

I even did not know this 500MB version of Graham Harrisson ?
Is it a SF2 version or HW version?

Have you tried Graham Goode's HW3 version yet ? It even includes
the real stop button graphics, and natural reverb.... :=)

Joseph

GeertM

Postby GeertM » Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:14 pm

Joseph, he made it in SF2 as well as for sfz. I got it on a Cd. I will look it up for the details.

Don't know, if Graham wants it to be distributed though; htought it was more an exercise for him and I got it for personal use. But anyhow I can give you some details, and I will ask Graham about it.

greetings,

Geert

Joz

Postby Joz » Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:43 pm

Hello,

Maybe you can give me his mail in private message.
I would be very glad to thank him and to have his thoughts about
how to improve the soundbank !

Jo

Return to “Help !”