what to do next

This forum will help people to use the Jeux d'orgues sounbanks with their configuration.
Terry
Re: what to do next

Postby Terry » Wed May 06, 2009 9:06 pm

Hey Graham,

I did it this time. I don't know what I did but I did it.

Now I have the Positiv sounds on the Swell but now I have nothing on the Great. :evil: :evil:

The channels are all the same but no sound on the Great.

I even went as far as uninstalling the program and reinstalling and that didn't help.

Sending up the flares for help.

Terry

Terry

Postby Terry » Wed May 06, 2009 10:07 pm

Hi Graham,
Here is what's happening.

After I start the program and load the organ, I click on one stop on the Positiv and play a note. The lights on the keys of the Great manual show and sound is produced.

When I click on a stop on the Great manual, nothing happens. :?: :?:
Terry

ggoode_sa

Postby ggoode_sa » Thu May 07, 2009 5:51 am

Hi Terry,
Sorry to hear that you're having problems.

It sounds like your Postiv keboard is set to MIDI channel 2 and that the POS/G.O. coupler is activated?
And maybe your G.O. keyboard is still set to MIDI channel 1? What couplers are activated? What happens when you activate the Pos/PD and the G.O./PD couplers and select a bunch of stops?

Things to check:
Is the Keyboard for the Grand Orgue set to MIDI channel 2?
Is the MIDI device for the G. O. keyboard selected in the MyOrgan 'MIDI input devices' column in the Devices tab?
Is the Keyboard for the Positiv set to MIDI channel 3?
Is the MIDI device for the Positiv Keyboard selected in the MyOrgan 'MIDI input devices' column in the Devices tab?

You should probably download MIDI-OX (http://www.midiox.com/) and use it as a MIDI monitor to make sure that your keyboards are sending their MIDI data on the correct channels.

We'll get you sorted out, so don't worry!

GrahamG

Terry

Postby Terry » Thu May 07, 2009 8:25 am

Hi Graham,
All the channels are in their default settings.
No couplers are activated.
If I click on the pedal couplers, nothing happens. Is it because I don't have pedals connected?

Both keyboards are checked in the midi devices and are on the default midi channels.

I have midiox but haven't a clue on how to use it.

I am basically running into the same problems I had with miditzer (a virtual theather pipe organ program)
I don't run MyOrgan and miditzer simultaneously.

Again, I appreciate all the help. I want to make sure that everything is working before I spend $2000.00 USD to get the pedalboard.

Terry

ggoode_sa

Postby ggoode_sa » Thu May 07, 2009 8:36 am

Ok,

To use MIDI-OX as a MIDI Monitor so that we can see what your keyboards are doing...

1. Open MIDI-OX
2. Click on Options -> MIDI Devices
3. Click on ONE of the MIDI Keyboard devices in the MIDI Inputs column (let's use the Grand Orgue keyboard)
4. Click on MIDI Mapper in the MIDI Outputs column
5. Click OK

Now play some notes on the keyboard.

In the display area you should see some messages in the following format:
TimeStamp In Port Status Data1 Data2 Chan Note Event

Take note of the Chan Property. This is the channel that the Keyboard is transmitting on.

Now go back into Options -> MIDI Devices and deselect that MIDI Keyboard from the MIDI inputs column and select the Second MIDI Keyboard device (Your Postiv keyboard). Click OK,

Now play some notes on that keyboard.

Again, take note of the Chan Property.

Let me know what each keyboard is transmitting for the Chan Property, and then we'll take you onto the nest step.

GrahamG

Terry

Postby Terry » Thu May 07, 2009 9:06 pm

Hi Graham,
I printed out your instructions and followed them to the letter.

Nothing happened.

Terry

ggoode_sa

Postby ggoode_sa » Fri May 08, 2009 5:48 am

Hi Terry,
I'm stumped! :?

Try setting the output MIDI device to something other than the MIDI map....?

Can we do a live/chat online meeting with Skype, MSN live, or Google Talk? Being in different time zones makes this all a bit more difficult, but the weekend is upon us so we should be able to sort something out.. :ugeek:

GrahamG

Terry

Postby Terry » Fri May 08, 2009 8:38 am

Hi Graham,
Yes, it all very confusing.
I talked with a service tech about changing midi channels on the manuals and I don't have that capability.

Do I have to have MyOrgan up and running while trying to figure out what manual is on what channel?

My housemate and I have a trailer that we go to every weekend during the summer and I don't have internet capability up there.

Currently, it 3:33am here in the United States. Maybe with that information, we can figure something out.
I am up everyday during the week at 3:15am to be to work at 6:00am.

The tech mentioned somthing about a midi router to send signals on the correct channel. He mentioned midisolutions.com as a place to get these routers.

The problems are the same that I had with miditzer virtual theater pipe organ.

I am at a loss.

If you know of anybody who you think could help us/me, please feel free to ask their advise.

I truly do appreciate all your help Graham.

Terry

ggoode_sa

Postby ggoode_sa » Fri May 08, 2009 8:52 am

Hi Terry,
If we can get your MIDI keyboards showing messages in MIDI-OX then we can use MIDI-OX as a virtual router - no need to purchase anything else.

You will need to install some Virtual Midi Ports in order to use the re-routing functionality - so head on over to the MIDI-OX page, click on the MIDI Yoke link, and download and install MIDI Yoke. That will give you eight virtual MIDI cables to play around with :-)

Once you have re-booted after installing MIDI Yoke, go back into MIDI-OX and set the input device to a keyboard (by the way - what ports show up in MIDI-OX?), then set the output to 'Out to MIDI Yoke: 1'.
It is now 10:50am here in Sunny South Africa :-)
GrahamG

Terry

Postby Terry » Tue May 12, 2009 12:35 am

Hi Graham,
I hope you had a good weekend. I did.

O.k. back to the matter of My Organ.
I have downloaded and installed the midi yoke. What is the next step.

If it is any help, here is the equipment that I am using.
1 Yamaha DGX 505 digital piano (Grand Orgue/Great (Choir when I find a 3 manual to use))
1 Yamaha PSR 282 (Positiv (or Grand Orgue/Great when 3 manual comes out))
1 Casio CTK-651 (Swell (for 3 manual. Non operational now)
Pedals -none

I also have a linkmidi 4x4 interface if that would be of any help.

All these (minus the Casio) plug into the various USB ports on my computer.
I'm running a Compaq SR 1538x
3300+ AMD Athlon processor
2GB of RAM (maxed out)
I've upgraded the power supply a year ago. I don't know what else I can upgrade.

Once I reboot and midi yoke installs completely, What is the next step.

One very confused organist,
Terry :mrgreen:

Return to “Help !”