what to do next

This forum will help people to use the Jeux d'orgues sounbanks with their configuration.
Terry
what to do next

Postby Terry » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:32 pm

After I have the necessary beginnings, what do I do next?
I have the MyOrgan and the Jeux d'orgues files but I am lost as to what to do.

Terry

ggoode_sa

Re: what to do next

Postby ggoode_sa » Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:42 am

Hi Terry,
1. Run and configure MyOrgan for your sound and midi interfaces
a. If you don't have an ASIO driver for your sound card I suggest you get hold of ASIO4ALL [http://www.asio4all.com/] and install it first, and then select "ASIO: ASIO4ALL v2" in the 'Sound output device' drop-down.
b. Select your MIDI Keyboard interfaces in the 'Midi input devices' column.
c. I use MyOrgan with all the enhancements checked.
d. Click on the MIDI messages tab and see what channels Manual 1 (Pedal), Manual 2 (Great), and Manual 3 (Swell) are configured to. Change these channels to your MIDI setup [if this is confusing - just post another question here and we'll explain ;-)]

2. Load the Stiehr-Mockers Jeux d'orgues 2 MyOrgan sample set into MyOrgan by clicking on 'File' -> 'Open' [then navigate to where the sample set has been decompressed] -> click on the stiehrextc30a.organ file (you might not see the '.organ' file extension if you have not enabled Windows to display file extensions). MyOrgan will then show that it is loading all the wave files.

3. Once MyOrgan has finished loading the samples,click on the stop tabs that you want to hear, and play your MIDI keyboard. The manual on the screen should show a red outline for each note played, and you should hear the sound of the pipe playing.

Hope this helps,
GrahamG
Johannesburg, South Africa

Terry

Postby Terry » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:59 am

Hi Graham,
Thanks for the information.

Terry

Postby Terry » Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:37 pm

Dear Graham,
I want to say a great big thank you for all your help.

:D :D :D :D
After following your instructions to the letter, everything happened just as you said it did. I now have a fully functional working pipe organ on my computer which now fills my basement studio with pipe organ sound.

Now all I need is the pedalboard and I will have a nice instrument.

Since I have one more midi keyboard, any suggestions on where I can find a 3 manual for use with MyOrgan?

Thanks again for you help.

Terry

ggoode_sa

Postby ggoode_sa » Fri May 01, 2009 6:10 am

Hi Terry,

You have a couple of options :-)

1. The only 3-manual sample sets that I know of for MyOrgan are commercial sample sets. The best value for money is the FBR-Schantz from http://www.evensongmusic.net/samples.html - their HW1 set is US$75.00 . You can find other sample sets by doing a search for Hauptwerk sample sets.

2. If the commercial option does not suit you, then do as I do - learn the MyOrgan file format and combine stops from different organs into one disposition file. Then you can download the St Stephens Anglican church organ from Penrith, Australia (made by Nick Appleton), the Prudhoe Methodist Organ from Northumberland, and the Gernot's Happy Birthday organ from Germany, and create the organ of your dreams. The magle pipe organ forum has more information on how to do this, and an application that will do most of the work for you, plus a tutorial - so go an visit http://www.magle.dk/music-forums/electr ... al-organs/ and read the MyOrgan related posts.

And then there is the possibility of another Jeux d'orgues organ being released by then end of the year (hopefully sooner). It will likey be a 3-manual :-)

Have fun!
GrahamG

Terry

Postby Terry » Mon May 04, 2009 11:57 pm

Hi Graham and anybody else who reads this post,

Now that I've had some time to tinker around with my "new Pipe Organ", I have discovered the same sound eminates on both manuals. What do I have to do to get the Positiv sounds to sound from my upper manual and leave the Grand Orgue sounds on the lower manual. Since I don't have pedals yet, I won't worry about them.

I appreciate all the help that I am getting on this venture.

Terry

ggoode_sa

Postby ggoode_sa » Tue May 05, 2009 5:57 am

Hi Terry,
Each of your MIDI keyboards needs to be sending signals on a different MIDI channel. To find out which channel is being used for which manual in MyOrgan, click on Audio -> Settings -> MIDI messages tab. There you will see the Manual 1 (Pedal), Manual 2 (Great or Grand Orgue), Manual 3 (Swell or Positiv), etc., with the configured channel in the next column (usually Pedal on channel 1, Great on channel 2, and Swell and channel 3).

Now set your Positiv MIDI keyboard to the correct MIDI channel (i.e. channel 3). It should now just play the Positiv stops. Next set your Grand Orgue to the correct MIDI channel, and it should now just play the Grand Orgue stops.

In most organs you can couple the Swell to the Great, and couple the Great and the Swell to the Pedals, so make sure the couplers are off if you only want just the stops from the actual manual playing.

Hope this helps ;)
GrahamG

Terry

Postby Terry » Tue May 05, 2009 8:32 am

Hi Graham,

O.k. I'll give it a try and see what happens.

If it's any help, the keyboards I'm using are a Yamaha DGX-505 for my Great and a Yamaha PSR 282 for the Swell.
When I get 3 manuals, I'll use the 505 for the choir, 282 for the Great and a Casio CTK-650 for the swell.

Just an off the wall idea, would you happen to know how I would set the midi channels? If not, I'll just put on my Sherlock Holmes hat, grap my pipe and do some investigating.

Thanks again for all your help Graham.

Terry

ggoode_sa

Postby ggoode_sa » Tue May 05, 2009 8:38 am

Hi Terry,

I'm afraid you'll need your hat and pipe for this one :D

On my korg I press the function button and then C-036 (two octaves down from Middle-C) for channel 1, C#-037 for channel 2, etc. On my Evolution keyboard I press it's function button and do similar except that the sharps/flats aren't used... you'll have to read the manual :roll:

Hope you come right,
GrahamG

Terry

Postby Terry » Tue May 05, 2009 8:12 pm

Thanks Graham.

Already have a lead on setting the channels.

Terry

Return to “Help !”