Virtual Keyboard for GrandOrgue

This forum will help people to use the Jeux d'orgues sounbanks with their configuration.
JaysonP
Virtual Keyboard for GrandOrgue

Postby JaysonP » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:01 am

Hello, all. I just recently got GrandOrgue for my computer to help create MIDI's, and I was wondering if you could use a virtual MIDI keyboard like Vmpk, instead of having to hook up an actual keyboard through a MIDI-to-USB cable. If you can, please tell how!
Thanks!
-Jayson

L.Palo

Re: Virtual Keyboard for GrandOrgue

Postby L.Palo » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:24 am

Hi!

It's certainly possible to use vmpk for MIDI input to GrandOrgue. Make sure you start vmpk before starting GO and in the audio settings dialog make sure you have vmpk checked for MIDI input. Then it's possibly some settings in vmpk to adjust what channel it sends on etc. (actually it's possible that if you use windows and use the 0.2 version of GO you'll have to install MIDI OX for routing the messages, on Linux that's no problem and I think that in the recent development builds of GO it's not necessary either)

Kind regards

Lars P

JaysonP

Postby JaysonP » Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:17 am

Thanks for the response. I did what you said, start vmpk first, but GO is still giving the 'No MIDI device' error.

ggoode_sa

Postby ggoode_sa » Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:33 am

You will need to install virtual MIDI cable software to connect VMPK to GO. Go to http://www.tobias-erichsen.de/loopMIDI.html and download loopMidi, install it, setup at least one virtual MIDI cable. Then it does not matter which application you run first (VMPK or GO) so long as they are both connected via the same virtual MIDI port.

Hope that helps,
GrahamG

Return to “Help !”