best reverb parameters for headphones

This forum will help people to use the Jeux d'orgues sounbanks with their configuration.
merez
best reverb parameters for headphones

Postby merez » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:03 pm

Hello,
I am currently trying to build a virtual organ and just found the samples of Jeux d'orgues. I like the quality of the sample set, however I found a big difference between the sound examples on the website (great) and the actual sound of set from Grandorgue (rather dry). Could you tell me with what reverb were the sound examples recorded? What reverb type and/or parameters make the best sound for listening through headphones? Thank you.

ggoode_sa

Re: best reverb parameters for headphones

Postby ggoode_sa » Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:44 pm

Hi Merez,

Could you tell us a little more about how you are using the Jeux d'orgues samples (MyOrgan/GrandOrgue, Gigastudio, Hauptwerk, Soundfont) and a bit about your computer and soundcard? This will give us a better idea of what to suggest. For some it is as simple as enabling the reverb settings of their soundcard, for others it mean installing convolution reverb and setting up some sound routing software...

We'll have to wait for Joseph to respond on what reverb was added to the sound examples :)

All the best,
GrahamG

merez

Postby merez » Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:04 pm

Thank you for your reply. My computer is a Lenovo Thinkpad R61 with Intel High definition audio. I prefer using Linux. Already succeeded in adding reverb to Grandorgue (which I prefer to use, since it is free and has no limitations) using jackd and jack-rack. The tutorial is here:
http://linuxmusicians.com/viewtopic.php ... &sk=t&sd=a
However it would be good to know if there is something more "advanced" and what parameters should I use. I have no experience with that at all.

ggoode_sa

Postby ggoode_sa » Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:47 am

Hi Merez,

If you're in Linux (yeah!!) and running GrandOrgue with Jack then I'd recommend jconvolve and its nice frontend - jcgui (http://jcgui.sourceforge.net/). Reverb is, however, more a matter of personal preference, so I can only tell you what I enjoy. I use the small chapel reverb most of the time :)

Experiment with the settings are find what reverb and settings work best for you....

All the best,

GrahamG

merez

Postby merez » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:14 pm

Thank you, it works very well. :)

Return to “Help !”