Jeux d'orgues users !

This forum is dedicated to discussion concerning Jeux d'orgues, organ sounbanks and virtual organs in general.
admin
Site Admin
Jeux d'orgues users !

Postby admin » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:15 pm

Here is a topic where people using Jeux d'orgues can speak about themrselves, their audio configurations, and other organ things !

I begin, I'm Joseph, the author of this website and of the different soundbanks available here.
I'm 26 years old, from France and enjoy organ, and more generally electronic instruments... :

Have fun !

ggoode_sa

Re: Jeux d'orgues users !

Postby ggoode_sa » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:34 am

Hi, I'm Graham Goode from Johannesburg, South Africa. I play Organ, Piano, and Guitar, and just love MIDI! We have a dedicated multimedia PC with various virtual pipe organs, samplers, audio editors, etc. Two MIDI keyboards and a 30note MIDIfied pedal board.
We use jOrgan, MyOrgan, LinuxSampler, Hauptwerk, Kontakt, GIGA Studio, Qsynth, SFZ, ASIO4ALL, MIDI-OX, MIDI Yoke, Organ Samples, Orchestra Samples, Piano Samples, Guitar Samples (you get the idea!).

I recommend the Jeux D'orgues sample set for MyOrgan when introducing people to the concept of Virtual Pipe organs. Then once they are interested it's onto Hauptwerk or LinuxSampler (depending on their budget and needs).

GrahamG

L.Palo

Postby L.Palo » Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:43 pm

Hi, I'm Lars Palo from the northern part of Sweden. My profession is as organist, but here at home I play on MIDI keyboards to practise. I've got three M-Audio keystations 61es connected to my Ubuntu driven computer and I mainly use GENPO together with QJackctl and QSynth for my organ simulation. I've also tried JOrgan but I really prefer the easy use and speed of GENPO even if it's a little limited in it's functions.

This also means that I'm using the soundfont version of Jeux d'orgues. By the way, a big thank you for your effort with it and your willingness to share it with us!

Kind regards

Lars Palo

Crypto1971

Re: Jeux d'orgues users!

Postby Crypto1971 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:58 pm

Hi,

my name is Lutz and I am from Hannover, Germany.

I have found Jeux d'orgues to be the best collection of church organ sounds in a sound font file and I am here now to share my experiences with it. One fine day I might even place a link to something I have actually played myself...

It is a great idea to have this forum for sharing experiences, reading latest news of Jeux d'orgues and asking questions related to that directly.

I have learned to play church organ several years ago (on a wonderful fully mechanical pipe organ) and at the moment I am busy setting up a linux notebook connected to a MIDI-fied organ (two manuals, full 30-key pedal).

On my notebook I have fluidsynth for playing back sound font files.

That's it for a start, more to follow soon ;-)

Regards,
Lutz.

chouette

Postby chouette » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:15 pm

Image C'est quoi la vie sans la musique ?

ggoode_sa

Postby ggoode_sa » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:02 pm

Mais oui, nous avons des utilisateurs de partout dans le monde, il est une communauté internationale de passionnés orgue virtuel :D
[Yes, we have users from all over the world, it is an international community of virtual organ lovers]

J'utilise actuellement Puppy Linux 5.1.1 avec GrandOrgue, jOrgan, Hauptwerk, et Linuxsampler. La meilleure partie pour moi, c'est la configuration de tout et de le faire marcher.
[I use Puppy Linux 5.1.1. with GrandOrgue, jOrgan, Hauptwerk, and Linuxsampler. The best part for me is configuring everything and getting it working.]

Passez du bon temps,
[Have fun]
GrahamG

peters

Postby peters » Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:17 pm

Hi ! My name is Peter S. and I'm from Germany ( North Rhein Westfalia ). I'm playing organ since 1977 . At beginning to learn how to use Pc and soundfont or wav files I find many programs on www to play some files together in "register" . My favorit program is jOrgan and MyOrgan / GrandOrgue . The Jeux d'orgues project is an great work and I want to thank Joseph for his wonderful work !

Nice days to everyone , Peter

ggoode_sa

Postby ggoode_sa » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:42 am

Hi Peter,

Welcome to the Jeux d'orgues forum :)

It is great to have another jOrgan and GrandOrgue user share in the fun of playing Virtual Pipe Organs. We wish you all the best in continuing to enjoy it. What other samples sets are you playing?

Kind regards,
GrahamG

peters

Postby peters » Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:08 pm

Hi Graham !
Thanks for your kindly welcome . You asked me about other samplesets - O.K..
My first lessons I've made with both samplesets of the jeux d'orgues , of course the jeux 1.4 , stephans cathedral ... , the fine samples from australia ( I think you know ) , than I've buy the marcussen in sf2 , than I bought two samples from gernot wurst - the st. johannes and the 1748_adam_ehrlich - both in hw1 ( I've made my own sf2 files to play with jOrgan ) , the burea from palo and the great ott-orgel ( I made much more stops with the pipetune prg. ) .

Oh man what a lot of organs :) :)

I've wrote on magles forum that I fist have working with win2k and win xp but in the last time I want to learn more about linux ( ubuntu , opensuse )

Graham - I want give much thanks to you too . You also make great work in the past !

Kind regards PETER

Diode

Postby Diode » Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:10 am

Hi everyone, my name is Bob D. and I live in Australia. I have been interested in organs and organ music for many years. I have a career in electronics and IT, and I build my first organ console (30 stops, 2 manuals and a home-built 30-note pedalboard) back in the 70's just as the first integrated circuits were becoming available. Many of the parts like keyboards and pedal jacks etc were imported from the UK and Sweden. Midi had not been invented back then so there were over 300 wires to be run from each keyboard to the sound generator. The project took about 18 months of spare-time work to finish. It worked quite well but the sound fell far short of what a pipe organ should sound like, partly because of the frequency-divider design that locked all octaves of a particular key to a single tone generator. I lost interest in practicing after a year or so and sold it.

Since Mc Coy's Jeux 1.4 soundfont appeared on the scene, closely followed by Jeux d'orgues, MyOrgan, Hauptwerk and GrandOrgue, I have regained my enthusiasm to assemble a basic practice console and to start practicing again. My new 2 manual console has a 30-note pedalboard, 2 stacked synths for the manuals, two midified swell pedals, and one touch screen. The 'great' manual has 73 keys and the bottom octave is unused except for 2 keys that serve as scroll-down and scroll-up keys for pdf scores displayed on a second (non-touch) screen.

I currently use GrandOrgue loaded with a choice of free sample sets including Jeux d'orgues, Burea Church and others. I sincerely thank and congratulate everyone who has made this possible, especially the developers of GrandOrgue and the soundfont and sample set builders who have freely provided such magical products to the organ community!

Kind Regards,
Diode --|>|--

Return to “General discussion”