GrandOrgue on Tablet-PC

This forum is dedicated to discussion concerning Jeux d'orgues, organ sounbanks and virtual organs in general.
CatOrg
GrandOrgue on Tablet-PC

Postby CatOrg » Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:48 pm

Does GrandOrgue works on a Samsung Galaxy Tab for example (Android)? Or any other tablet?

Rewriting the ODF (no display for the keyboards, letting more place for the stops) and integrating the tablet in my DIY-console is an alternative I am thinking about...

ggoode_sa

Re: GrandOrgue on Tablet-PC

Postby ggoode_sa » Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:40 am

Hi,

GrandOrgue uses the wxWidgets GUI library and can be compiled in Linux to use the ALSA and JACK drivers. While Android is 'linux' based, it is also a modified 'java' platform and does not have support for wxWidgets (yet), so the quick answer is 'No'.

There have been some discussions of a wxWidgets port to Android, but the last I heard was this was just a proposal for the Google Summer of Code project (see http://wiki.wxwidgets.org/Development:_Student_Projects) and that nothing is yet available. Once wxWidgets is available for the Android platform, then a port of GrandOrgue becomes a possibility...

Kind regards,
GrahamG

CatOrg

Postby CatOrg » Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:41 pm

Thanks Graham,

is there any Tablet on which GrandOrgue works?

ggoode_sa

Postby ggoode_sa » Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:15 pm

Hi,

The Tenq P07 runs Ubuntu, so it should work, and the WePad might as it is said to be Linux based. Hope that helps.

GrahamG

CatOrg

Postby CatOrg » Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:51 am

Here http://www.ubergizmo.com/2010/03/neofon ... confusing/ they say WePad is android. But nevermind, I'll have a look tomorrow for availability of the Tenq in Colombia. Yes this helps, best thanks!

Return to “General discussion”