Second beta of Bureå Church sampleset available

This forum is dedicated to discussion concerning Jeux d'orgues, organ sounbanks and virtual organs in general.
L.Palo
Second beta of Bureå Church sampleset available

Postby L.Palo » Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:34 pm

Hi!

Now the beta 2 of Bureå Church sampleset for GrandOrgue is finally uploaded and available for download at http://www.familjenpalo.se/vpo/download as before. But it's quite a bit bigger now! (it's around 1 GB compressed as a 7-zip archive)

For the original version the main change is that we've been tuning the organ at a1=442 since the principals was already quite high. There's also a new layout for older screens in 4x3 ratio with combinations added. And finally there's an extended version with 63 speaking stops arranged in AGO fashion. All extensions come from the original organ's pipes.

Be sure to check out the OrganInfo folders .html file for more info.

I've managed to load and play the extended version on a 2 GB RAM computer running the Linux build of GrandOrgue with the "lossless compression" and "randomize pipe speaking" options disabled (unticked in the Audio Settings).

As before, there might be flaws we have missed so keep both ears open for mistakes in loops or releases and please notify us so we can correct it and supply patches until we reach final release quality.

Have patience downloading and fun playing with it!

Kind regards

Antonio

Re: Second beta of Bureå Church sampleset available

Postby Antonio » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:01 pm

Hello I have copied the download of organ burea church and i tried to open it but I cannot open it . what have I do . Best Regard. antoniodinardo5@virgilio.it

ggoode_sa

Postby ggoode_sa » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:47 pm

Hi Antonio,

The sample set is compressed using the 7zip format, so you will need to download and install 7zip (http://www.7zip.com/). Once the sample set is decompressed, open the .organ files with GrandOrgue (http://sourceforge.net/projects/ourorgan/files/), file names are burea_church, burea_church_4x3, and burea_church_extAGO.

Hope that helps,
GrahamG

sesquialt

Postby sesquialt » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:41 am

Hello !

I really like the sound of the Burea Sampleset

Can you give us some better photos/pictures of this organ, please ?
I didn't find any better ones with search engines ... :(

thanks very much in advance.

Best regards
Denis

L.Palo

Postby L.Palo » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:16 pm

Hi!

Great that you like it! What kinds of photos would you like? Higher resolution? Different angles? What parts of the organ would be interesting? Inside? I have total access to the organ (since I work there :lol: ) so almoast anything could be arranged. I trust that you have already checked the OrganInfo folders .html file.

Kind regards

Lars P

sesquialt

Postby sesquialt » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:31 pm

Hello Lars

Yes, I did check into the Organinfo folder... ( in the first version)
I'd like some big pictures of the organ "front" (?) ( the thing you can see when you enter in the church, with all the pipes... )
I you can post some, it'd be nice from you. Thanks in advance.

Best regards
Denis

Return to “General discussion”