Stiehr Mockers Release Candidates

This forum is dedicated to discussion concerning Jeux d'orgues, organ sounbanks and virtual organs in general.
ggoode_sa
Re: Stiehr Mockers Release Candidates

Postby ggoode_sa » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:43 am

Hi,
You can adjust the amplitude of the individual notes using a wave editing program (a good free one is Wavosaur). Go into the folder that contains the .organ file and locate the subfolder for the PosHautbois8. The notes in that subfolder are of the Hautbois rank and are numbered following the standard MIDI Note numbering (so middle C is 060-C.wav). Once you have adjusted the volume/amplitude in the wave file you will need to exit and reload in GrandOrgue/HW3 to hear the difference. If you don't feel comfortable doing the editing, just let me know & I'll I'll do the adjustments and send them to you for testing :)
GrahamG

RVBottomly

Postby RVBottomly » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:20 pm

Thanks, Graham! That seems very straightforward. I will give it a try later this evening. I might as well learn how to do these things.

RVBottomly

Postby RVBottomly » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:46 am

That did the trick. I used Audacity because I already had it. It took a bit of trial and error but I got it amplified to be in line with the adjacent notes.

One thing that probably made it noticable is there is a shift in the voicing from G to G#. It sounds to me like slightly less bright harmonics. I have no doubt that the original had the same shift, having experienced the same thing with reeds on real organs.

One oddity in editing the file was when I tried to export it to the Post Hautbois 8 folder, I got the message asking if the file was "write protected" or if the disk was full. But when I opened up the folder in Windows Explorer, the file was there, along with an "old" file with 0 bytes. I deleted the old one and it seems to work fine.

ggoode_sa

Postby ggoode_sa » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:38 am

Hi Vic,
Glad that you got it sorted out :). I don't know why you got the write protected error... I haven't write protected the wave files. What is life without a little mystery!
GrahamG

Return to “General discussion”