Stiehr Mockers Release Candidates

This forum is dedicated to discussion concerning Jeux d'orgues, organ sounbanks and virtual organs in general.
ggoode_sa
Stiehr Mockers Release Candidates

Postby ggoode_sa » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:15 pm

Hi Guys,
Sorry this has taken so long, but we're finally ready with a release candidate of the HW3 version of the Jeuxdorgue's Stiehr Mockers sample set.... now with added Clairon 4 in the Pedal of the Extended Console as requested by Beta testers. There have been a few other minor fixes since the Beta 2.

The Original Console View:

The updated Extended Console View:

Please note that this is a new installer that will install to a different directory in your Hauptwerk folder, so if you were a Beta tester please Uninstall the Beta version.

The Hauptwerk installer can be downloaded from or by going to the Jeuxdorgues download page (). The samples are 16-bit 44.1 Khz, stereo. The download is about 177Megs, decompressed to 427Megs.

If there are no 'bugs' reported in the next few weeks, then this will become the official release... otherwise we'll work on some fixes and then release the final version.

Happy testing!

GrahamG

ggoode_sa

Re: Stiehr Mockers Release Candidates

Postby ggoode_sa » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:31 pm

AND... an updated Release Candidate version for GrandOrgue, with the Clairon 4 added to the Extend Version Pedal as well. As before, there are two .organ files for use with GrandOrgue - one based on an original specification of the organ, and the 2nd an Extended version, with four added ranks to the Pedal division, plus a Swell pedal, an Octave coupler on the Grand Orgue, and Sub Octave coupler on the Positif and Pos to G.O.

Here is a screencap of the Original based console:

And a screencap of the updated Extended version:

You can download the organ from or from the Jeuxdorgues Download page ()

Have fun! And let us know if find some errors...

GrahamG

Gui

Postby Gui » Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:50 pm

Thank you! Very nice indeed!

Would you mind if I modified the organ definition files to my liking or perhaps put it up on a forum? I would be interested in helping develop it. :) , by the way, isn't this a weird smiley face?

I remember a reply to an earlier thread linking to another site which sells two different Grand Orgue sample sets and a software which allows the user A GUI for creating .organ files. I have been looking for it for a long time but cannot find it. Perhaps you could help.
Thank you,
Gui Kirsch

ggoode_sa

Postby ggoode_sa » Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:03 pm

Hi Gui,
Sure, you're welcome to make your own adjustments to the .organ files and post them on the forum. This is a collaborative effort, so let us know what you're doing :-)
The other organs and .organ creation software that you're refering to are created by Yves in Canada, see his site at .

Gave fun!

kagefumi

Postby kagefumi » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:51 am

I have some question about The Original Console View of the HW3 version.
-Pedal coupler don't work.
-Keyboard Graphics don't reflect Positif to G.O coupler action.
These are bugs?

ggoode_sa

Postby ggoode_sa » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:20 am

Hi,
For the Original Console View manuals you need to use Hauptwerk's internal 'Connect keyboard MIDI inputs to organ keyboards ...' feature to connect them properly (Menu - Organ Settings -> Connect keyboard MIDI inputs to organ keyboards ... -> connect OrigGreat to MIDI manual 1 (Great), OrigSwell to MIDI manual 2 (Swell), and OrigPedal to MIDI pedalboard). Then couplers will work properly. The Positif to G.O. coupler action is a bug.

I am working on a few HW3 issues:
1) three notes of the Fournature are still out of tune
2) the Clairon 4 stop when active is not as 'bright' as the other pedal stops when active
3) the size of the virtual console is too large for 1028x768 size screen

so I will add the Original Console Pos to G.O. coupler action to the list.
Thanks for the feedback!
GrahamG

kagefumi

Postby kagefumi » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:24 am

Thanks to quick response!
>connect OrigGreat to MIDI manual 1 (Great), OrigSwell to MIDI manual 2 (Swell), and OrigPedal to MIDI pedalboard)
I already tried that way, so Pos to G.O. coupler "sound" was working properly.
But Pedal couplers are keeping silence...
Of course, Extended Console has no problem, it is really great!

ggoode_sa

Postby ggoode_sa » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:00 pm

Hi again,
I cannot reproduce the fault that you are reporting. On my system the G.O Ped Coppel and the Pos Ped Coppel work fine on both the Extended and the Original screens. Please double check your settings (question: do the pedal graphics on the orginal console move?). If someone else can also test this we'd appreciate a report back...

Thanks,
GrahamG

kagefumi

Postby kagefumi » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:08 am

I'm sorry that I let you put extra effort. I noticed my mistake.
I found that if the keyboard settings differ between the original and extended keyboard, then coupler does not work.
(e.g.OrigGREAT to MIDI manual 1 (Great) / GREAT to "none")
In addition, in the Original console, coupler don't work when click the keyboard graphics with the mouse.(in the Extended console,it works)
Thanks.

Tatsumiya Kagefumimaru

RVBottomly

Postby RVBottomly » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:48 pm

I've enjoyed playing this release. I'm not that familiar with the earlier versions, so I can't really comment on the improvements.

One thing, though, that caught my notice. The first G# above the treble staff on the Swell 8' Hautbois is much quieter than the other notes. A above that is slightly quieter.

If it were on an actual instrument, I'd probably shrug, but I'm wondering if there is a way to adjust the volume of an individual sounding voice.

Return to “General discussion”