Updating GrandOrgue

This forum is dedicated to discussion concerning Jeux d'orgues, organ sounbanks and virtual organs in general.
ggoode_sa
Updating GrandOrgue

Postby ggoode_sa » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:46 am

Hi Guys,
I am working on updating GrandOrgue's graphics (new Stop, Piston, and Wood images, plus new icons on the menubar). So I'm looking for a few testers who would be willing to run the new program and let me know if it works on their system and if they like/dislike the image changes... this will be for Windows and for Linux (Ubuntu and Puppy).

I'm also working on GrandOrgue48, a version of the software that will load 16-bit 48khz wave files (currently only 16-bit 44.1 Khz is supported). If you are interested in testing this as well please let me know (also Windows and Linux).

Please note, I am NOT a programmer, I have had the source code for GrandOrgue since its MyOrgan days and am only now beginning to get to grips with a small part of the code (thanks to some help from several other people, mostly in France!). My main interest is the Linux version, which is almost ready for release (just a few more things to test before putting the modified source back online and getting a release version ready for downloads).

You can Private Message me here, or just answer to this thread :-)

GrahamG
Johannesburg, South Africa

L.Palo

Re: Updating GrandOrgue

Postby L.Palo » Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:57 pm

Hi!

I've already tried GrandOrgue on Linux in the same way as we did with MyOrgan, but if you have a port to natively run it on Linux I'd be happy to test it out! If necessary I can compile from the source myself if, but a .deb is always a nice alternative.

Somewhere I read that swell pedals were not supported in the GrandOrgue version, but I've tried it with Jeux and it works fine for me.

Kind regards!

ggoode_sa

Postby ggoode_sa » Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:03 pm

Hi,
As GrandOrgue is based on the code of MyOrgan whatever functioned in MyOrgan should also work in GrandOrgue. I do have a Linux compiled binary and will have a DEB ready sometime next week, so will post a link when it is up and ready.
GrahamG

L.Palo

Postby L.Palo » Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:44 pm

I'll try it out as soon as I find it!

Thanks for your effort!

Return to “General discussion”