Test Release of Stiehr-Mockers for GrandOrgue

This forum is dedicated to discussion concerning Jeux d'orgues, organ sounbanks and virtual organs in general.
ggoode_sa
Test Release of Stiehr-Mockers for GrandOrgue

Postby ggoode_sa » Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:42 pm

Hi Guys,
I am pleased to anounce a test release of an updated sample set of the Jeuxdorgue2 - Stiehr Mockers organ. This has been my favorite free organ sample set for many years, and I was afforded the opportunity of being part of a project to re-master, loop, tune, etc the original recordings and produce an updated sample set. There are two .organ files for use with GrandOrgue - one based on an original specification of the organ, and the 2nd an Extended version, with three added ranks to the Pedal division, plus a Swell pedal and an Octave coupler on the Grand Orgue.

Here is a screencap of the Original based console:

And a screencap of the Extended version:

And finally, you can download the sample set from:
http://www.jeuxdorgues.com/media/jeuxdo ... dorgue.rar

We still want to do some inter-rank voicing work, so please let us know what you think of the sample set. There are a number of people who have helped create this updated sample set, so a big Thank You! to all of them, plus a 'If you'd like to help - please contact me' :-)

Merry Christmas!

GrahamG

ggoode_sa

Re: Test Release of Stiehr-Mockers for GrandOrgue

Postby ggoode_sa » Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:06 am

Hi Guys,
Lars has found an error in the .organ files:

Montre 8 and GOBourdon 8 reference to windchest 001 while they should reference to 002. (Doesn't matter so much in sound but only in logic)

Trompette 8 Desc. references to GOCornet instead of the trompette wavs.

Both faults exist in both Ext and Orig.

These will be fixed in the next release.

GrahamG

Return to “General discussion”